Returning for 2019, South Central Indiana Housing Opportunities (SCIHO) presents our Housing4Hoosiers education series for area landlords, property managers and tenants to learn more about their rental rights and responsibilities.
These events are free and open to the public but advance registration is required. Space is limited.
Please note: There are two workshops being offered in this series. You may register for both or select one. All participants will receive a certificate of completion
Both sessions are at the Monroe County Public Library, Room 1C, 303 E. Kirkwood, Bloomington
Thursday, February 28 – 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Life of a Lease: The ins and outs of renting
- Tenant-Landlord Conflict: How landlords and tenants can use mediation and avoid going to court
- Evictions: Everything you need to know about the notification and court process
Thursday, March 7 – 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Energy Efficiency: How to reduce the high cost of living
- Safety & Security Tips for Your Rental
- ABCs of Pest Control (Ants, Bedbugs, and Cockroaches)
- Repair and Maintenance: Rights and Responsibilities for Landlords and Tenants
The series is free and open to the public but advance registration is required. Space is limited.