If interested or need more information, fill out the South Central Community Action Program online Inquiry Form or call 812-339-3447, ext. 301.
Head Start in Monroe County – South Central Community Action Program
Head Start is a family-centered child development program offered in Monroe County by South Central Community Action Program. Our mission is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social and other services to enrolled children and families.
Head Start provides half-day, full-day, and extended day classes. We are open to all children and families regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, and disability.
- Individualized services
- Health and Dental Screenings
- Family Support
- Parent Involvement
- Services to meet Special Needs
- Full Nutrition Program
- Community Resources
- Limited transportation
Who is Eligible
We are open to all children and families regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, and disability.
- Head Start Eligibility: Children who are three by August 1 of the current school year and not have turned 5 years old before August 2 and meet federal poverty income guidelines though some exceptions are made.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Income documentation for the last 12 months which can include: W2, Tax Return, SSI Documentation, TANF Documentation, Child Support Printout, Work One Wage Inquiry, Pay Stubs, Scholarship/Grants/Student Loan Documentation, Foster Care Statement
If interested or need more information, fill out our online Inquiry Form or call 812-339-3447, ext. 301.
All SCCAP services are provided without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry or status as a veteran.