HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR WAITING LIST
Effective Monday, December 9th, 2019, the South Central Community Action Program (SCCAP) on behalf of the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) funded by the U.S. Housing and Urban Development will open the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Waiting List for Owen County.
The Section 8 HCV program is available to income eligible individuals and families and exists to assist with rent payments to provide decent, affordable, sanitary, and safe housing for persons with low incomes.
SCCAP will accept applications:
- In person only at the Owen County Public Library, 10 S. Montgomery St., Spencer, IN 47460.
- Application period will be Monday, December 9th, 2019 through Tuesday, December 10th, 2019.
- Hours will be 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Applicants should bring photo ID’s for all adult members in the household.
- For additional questions, please call (812) 339-3447.
If you need a reasonable accommodation
Please call SCCAP at (812) 339-3447
For assistance in another language
Please call IHCDA at (317) 232-7777 to schedule a phone call.
Preference Points on the Waiting List
Applicants are placed on the list in order of preference points, then by date and time of application. IHCDA has the following preference points:
- person residing in institutional setting
- nursing facility, long-term rehabilitation center, or other institution
- residency or employment in the State of Indiana,
- homelessness or at risk of homelessness due to domestic violence,
- working families
- persons either going to school or working at least 20 hours per week,
- elderly status
- age 62 and older,
- non-elderly disabled status
- 61 and under with disability,
- having a disabled family member (any age), and
- person at risk of residing in an institutional setting
- nursing facility, long-term rehabilitation center, or other institution.
Placement on the waiting list is not a guarantee that applicants will qualify for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY HOUSING AGENCY