On February 17, 2021, SEA 148 became law and opened the door for expedited evictions and voiding local ordinances on housing conditions and protections against retaliation.
The Hoosier Housing Needs Coalition needs stories from Hoosier renters, housing providers, and community organizations who are negatively impacted by the issues in this new law including:
- Expedited evictions
- Landlord retaliation, including when tenants have requested repairs
- Squalid living conditions (i.e. mold, lack of heat or water, poor maintenance)
- Unreachable, unaccountable, or out-of-state predatory landlords
- How SEA 148 makes the jobs of good-actor landlords and community services harder
- Photos and video whenever possible